Pages

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Dick Twittington 4: Danny's hairy arms

This week on my Twitter feed was, like most people's Twitter feeds, dominated by Thatcher's death and the wildly varied responses to it. But I also found time to discuss the equally harrowing matter of the new series of The Voice. And my job search continues to be frustratingly fruitless...

Bruno Mars is an abomination. Not apropos anything, it just bears mentioning now and then.
10:05 AM - 3 Apr 13

When did "customer service" become a euphemism for glorified chugging?A job interview that wasn't a waste of time would be a nice change ta.
2:45 PM - 3 Apr 13



Victoria. Um, something a bit rude seems to be going on in the middle there. http://twitpic.com/cgpy2n
1 FAVORITE
6:08 PM - 3 Apr 13

Biffy Clyro are playing the O2. Matt Cardle's chained himself up outside and is having a crywank.
6:34 PM - 3 Apr 13

@merseytart And this is why I refuse to watch The Wire, as it apparently results in an inability ever to shut the fuck up about it.
3:18 PM - 4 Apr 13

@merseytart I did relent and watch my friend's copy of Breaking Bad Season 1. I think he was mortally offended when I said it was "not bad."
3:23 PM - 4 Apr 13

Between the cold and the depression I've spent much of today in the foetal position.
6:29 PM - 5 Apr 13

Headlong's Chimerica's going to star Stephen Campbell Moore and Claudie Blakley.
6:54 PM - 5 Apr 13

And I'm sure NOBODY on my list will want to see Allam and Morgan rehearsing The Tempest http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/news/backstage-pass/gallery/article/item180231/in-rehearsals-the-tempest/
1 RETWEET
6:56 PM - 5 Apr 13

I analysed a couple of different blog posts; mostly I'm H.P. Lovecraft but occasionally I'm Douglas Adams http://iwl.me/s/147eabd8
1 FAVORITE
7:42 PM - 5 Apr 13

I enjoyed last night's "naked Greg Rutherford" dream. The "naked Patrick Stewart" one that followed it, less so.
2:14 PM - 6 Apr 13

I got my hair cut at a different barber's today. I guess when I see @Barcles on Monday he can tell me if that was a terrible mistake.
3:05 PM - 6 Apr 13

I still can't tell if #dollhouse's "stick a wig on an asian woman and they all look the same" scene is racist or *wry commentary* on racism.
5:07 PM - 6 Apr 13

Also, I sympathise with DeWitt. I'd abuse my power as well if I could have a go on Enver Gjokaj.
5:08 PM - 6 Apr 13

Right then, let's see if you can help make this week's #thevoice halfway bearable, Twitter. Tall order, I know.
7:02 PM - 6 Apr 13

Jessie got boosebumps and she pressed her button. AND THEN SHE TURNED HER CHAIR ROUND etc etc #thevoice
7:06 PM - 6 Apr 13

As sob stories go, "my mother, WHO IS A CLINICALLY INSANE MICHAEL BOOB-LAY FAN" is at least original. And pretty harrowing #thevoice
7:17 PM - 6 Apr 13

They're not exactly desperate to get him, are they? "If you join my team, you can do more of the same." #thevoice
7:27 PM - 6 Apr 13

"So what happened to the model in that video?" "Let's just say it's not just horse in that lasagne." #thevoice
7:30 PM - 6 Apr 13

Danny thinks she actually sang the Meatloaf parts. Bless. #thevoice
7:34 PM - 6 Apr 13

"Everyone in Wales knows Tom Jones. Biblically." #thevoice
7:43 PM - 6 Apr 13

You are NOT called "Smith and Jones." You are called "Smones" and you know it. #thevoice
7:44 PM - 6 Apr 13

How about you LOLariously only put one through, like Max and Twinnielee last year? #thevoice
7:45 PM - 6 Apr 13

Incidentally, I'm still waiting for Max to turn up in a fringe musical in his pants. My patience is not infinite. #thevoice
7:46 PM - 6 Apr 13

"Am I too picky?" You've got like, two places left in your team and it's only the second show, so maybe not Jessie. #thevoice
7:52 PM - 6 Apr 13

"You sound like so many people I listen to, and that's rare." Have a look back over that sentence of yours, Jessica. #thevoice
7:56 PM - 6 Apr 13

"I can't stop thinking about Liam, I think I've fallen in love." Not sure you're his type, Jessie. #thevoice
7:59 PM - 6 Apr 13

Kym Mazelle was obviously in on it, like Kerry Ellis last year. They paid her in bottles of Taboo. #thevoice
8:07 PM - 6 Apr 13

I'm pretty tired of hearing about Danny's hairy arms now. #thevoice
8:09 PM - 6 Apr 13

"I'm going to text some of the lads in U2. They've never replied yet, but The Edge SWORE it was his real number." #thevoice
8:12 PM - 6 Apr 13

"Come back next year. 'Cause this show is totally going to still be going then." #thevoice
8:16 PM - 6 Apr 13

"Tom's ecstatic to be stuck with a woman who couldn't choose despite having had a year to think about it." #thevoice
8:29 PM - 6 Apr 13

Jessie just can't figure out why her team is always completely made up of The Gays and not women. #thevoice
8:30 PM - 6 Apr 13

One day of Spring-like weather and my hayfever kicks in. ONE day. #fuckryingoutloud
6:44 PM - 7 Apr 13

Oh, I see Coveney's back and telling us why Richard Grifiths didn't deserve to have the lights dimmed for him.
9:25 AM - 8 Apr 13

@Elsiebrewster His argument seems to be "he wasn't as good as Olivier." Inasmuch as he ever has an argument, obvs.
11:11 AM - 8 Apr 13

How many deep is the queue to shit on her grave? Asking for a friend.
1 FAVORITE
1:02 PM - 8 Apr 13

Gloating's a valid response. Doesn't hurt the current govt to know that contempt for the living leads to contempt when you die.
1:44 PM - 8 Apr 13

How many politicians would want their "legacy" to be street parties to celebrate their passing?
1:45 PM - 8 Apr 13

Breaking news: New private room in Hell to feature glass of milk permanently just out of reach.
1 FAVORITE
5:35 PM - 8 Apr 13

Jeez, Crossrail's turned this bit of Charing Cross Road into a scary wasteland.
6:49 PM - 8 Apr 13

I haven't theatred in 3 days, think I've forgotten how. WHICH WAY AM I SUPPOSED TO FACE???
7:17 PM - 8 Apr 13

@Elsiebrewster @Weez the Phoenix has row letters sideways or not at all. USEFUL.
7:28 PM - 8 Apr 13

Who doesn't love ushers who constantly clomp over creaky floorboards, eh? #intervaltweets
8:54 PM - 8 Apr 13

"Queen will attend Thatcher funeral." I hope they do Another One Bites The Dust.
7:10 PM - 9 Apr 13

Potato plays always seem to come in groups.
9:00 PM - 9 Apr 13

Anyone want to come with me to Children of the Sun on Weds 17th? £12 ticket going spare.
11:17 PM - 9 Apr 13

No comments:

Post a Comment